Frequently Asked Questions
If you purchase tickets from a reseller, you do so at your own risk.
Be aware that third-party ticket resellers and brokers use the 'Red Butte Garden' name in some way to sell overpriced or invalid tickets online. Resellers may not have tickets in-hand when they advertise. The recommended course of action is to purchase authentic, face-value tickets directly from Red Butte Garden, Etix, or an artist’s official fan club.
If there are problems with your tickets at the gate, we cannot 'look up' or reissue tickets purchased from a reseller. If tickets are invalid, we cannot honor them.
Learn how to avoid concert ticket scams at the link below.
Q: Why are Red Butte Garden concert tickets available for purchase on third-party vendor/reseller sites (such as StubHub or KSL)?
A: Resellers may not have tickets in-hand when they advertise them.
We do not partner with any third-party ticket resellers and do not recommend purchasing tickets through them.
Unfortunately, ticket reselling is legal in the state of Utah, so we cannot completely prevent this, however, we do monitor ticket limits and will cancel orders with ticket numbers above the allotted limits. Some ticket brokers may have signed up for Garden memberships, but they must purchase their tickets just like other Garden members with the same limitations on the number of tickets that can be purchased.
Purchasers of Red Butte Garden concert and event tickets may not resell their tickets for more than the face value of the ticket. Purchasers who are caught reselling their tickets for above face value may be subject to ejection from the Red Butte Garden event, may have their tickets revoked, and may be banned from the future purchase of Red Butte Garden tickets.
CLICK HERE to see all of the Terms & Conditions that apply to your concert ticket.
Q: Why are concert tickets available to concert artist fan clubs?
A: Many artist contracts specify that we are to hold a small number of general admission tickets for the artist to sell directly to their fan club. These tickets are only available to fan club members, and only for a short period of time. In addition to any fan club membership fees, tickets are offered at the full public price. Red Butte Garden does not control when artists put their fan club tickets on sale.
Q: Can I purchase fan club tickets?
A: Anyone can purchase artist fan club tickets by joining an artist's fan club, but there is not a Garden member discount applied to fan club tickets.
The Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre is a first-come, first-serve general admission venue.
- No overnight camping.
- No lining up before 3:00 PM on concert days.
- Once joining the line, you must remain in line to hold your spot. Do not leave your items and assume your spot will be secured. A reasonable 15-minute break to the car or restroom is acceptable. Your items may be removed if you are gone for an extended amount of time.
- No saving places in the front section of any line (the first 150 people)
- No one may join you in the front section of the line at any time.
- Beyond the front section, people can join parties already in line until 5:00 PM.
- No one is allowed to join parties already in line after 5:00 PM.
- Additional party members can go to the end of the line and connect with you inside.
- Gates usually open one hour before the music is scheduled to begin. All gates open at the same time, there is no early entry.
- Please be respectful to others in the line.
- Plan for a capacity crowd.
Once you have entered the Amphitheatre, you may NOT exit and re-enter. You are welcome to bring food, blankets, umbrellas, low-rise chairs, etc. into the venue with you. Be prepared for weather extremes such as sun, heat, wind, cold, or rain. Bring a jacket and layer up.
You are welcome to bring your own low-back chair or blanket.
• 12” max from ground to front of seat bottom
• 31.5” max to top of chair back in the highest position
Red Butte Garden sells low-back chairs that meet these specifications in our Visitor's Center Gift Shop and at our Amphitheatre merchandise tent.
We reserve the right to limit the number and size of blankets used by individuals or groups to 4 feet x 6 feet, or 24 square feet. The venue is often full; please respect each other by occupying adequate, but not excessive, space.
Inflatable seating is NOT allowed.
Strobe lighting and other intense stage lighting used at some of our concerts may be disruptive or uncomfortable for some guests.
When we are made aware of these situations in advance, we will include that information in our pre-concert communications.
You are welcome to bring a small size cooler and pack in your own picnic.
- No cooking allowed.
- Please pack out whatever you bring into the Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre.
- There are water bottle refill stations inside the Amphitheatre near the restrooms.
- There is a drinking fountain outside of the venue to the west of the will-call booth.
CUISINE UNLIMITED CONCERT CAFÉ
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at the Concert Café located inside the Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre.
The following items are NOT allowed inside the Amphitheatre:
- No large coolers, wagons, carts, selfie sticks, laptops, drones, noisemakers, laser pens, inflatables, or any illegal substances or items.
- No pets or comfort animals. Only service animals are allowed inside Red Butte Garden or Amphitheatre.
- No weapons unless otherwise permitted by law.
- For more information please refer the University of Utah Firearms on Campus Policy 1-003
Cameras with removable lenses, video cameras, recording devices, and drones are prohibited. Recording and transmission at concerts are prohibited.
No flash photography. At some shows, photography may not be allowed at all.
By taking part in this or any Red Butte Garden event, you grant the event organizers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising publicity or other purposes to help achieve the group’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases, and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed, please inform an event organizer or the credentialed photographer.
All concerts are held rain or shine.
Please be prepared for weather extremes such as sun, heat, wind, cold, or rain. The Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre is located at the mouth of Red Butte Canyon and even on the warmest days it can get breezy and chilly at night. Bring your sun hats and your jackets. Layer up!
Red Butte Garden implements the following policy for the Outdoor Concert Series:
- There is a separate line that people with mobility impairment can join near the Donor Gate entrance located southwest of the Will Call booth.
- Ticket holders with mobility impairment may enter through the Donor Gate with one other adult ticket holder and minor children (age 17 & under) ticket holders.
- Other ticket holders in your group can get in the General Admission line and connect with you once inside the venue.
- There is no early entry, all gates open at the same time.
- A wheelchair-accessible area is located inside the Amphitheatre near the soundboard.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact the Red Butte Garden Visitor Center at 801-585-0556.
Only Service Animals are allowed inside Red Butte Garden and Amphitheatre.
In compliance with the Utah Clean Air Act and to protect our plant collections and concertgoers, Red Butte Garden is a non-smoking facility. Thank you for your cooperation.
Ticket prices increase on the day of the show. There are no Garden member discounts on day-of-show tickets.
The Amphitheatre Will Call booth opens at 4:00 PM.
The Amphitheatre is part of Red Butte Garden, but it is located at a different address than the Red Butte Garden Visitor Center.
Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre
2188 Red Butte Canyon Rd.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Parking is free but limited, adjacent to the Amphitheatre (see map). We encourage you to bike, carpool, rideshare, or take public transportation.
There is a drop-off area near the Will Call booth.
To plan your route to the Amphitheatre using public transit, visit: www.rideuta.com.
Click to download Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre parking map
Participants are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly fashion and to refrain from conduct and language that would be offensive and/or disruptive to performers or other event participants. Participants who violate these rules may be ejected from the event. CLICK HERE to see all of the Terms & Conditions that apply to your concert ticket.
For information about how to purchase and pick up tickets, visit our HOW TO BUY TICKETS webpage.