A Red Butte Garden membership gives you the opportunity to experience every season uniquely, connect with nature in a rewarding way, and maybe attend a few concerts featuring world-renowned artists in the beautiful Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre. Membership benefits include Garden admission for 12 months, access to member-only events, and discounts on classes, summer camps, concerts, and more.
To purchase a membership, choose a membership level below, click the green 'Buy or Renew' button, and follow the instructions provided in the shopping cart.
Red Butte Garden is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your membership and contributions, large or small, allow us to create programming that serves thousands of Utahns each year.
Giving is simple with the gift of Garden membership! It's perfect for garden lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, friends, families, and concert-goers.
Is your gift membership a surprise? In the shopping cart 'Recipient Information' section please put the gift recipient's First and Last name in, then fill in your Address, Phone, Email. After you give the gift you can email or call us and we can fully transfer the membership to your recipient.
We Just Got Greener!
From its inception, Red Butte Garden has been committed to conservation. In an effort to reduce plastic and protect the environment, we switched to digital membership cards in Sept, 2022. Not only are digital memberships cards a greener option, they also deliver your membership benefits right to your fingertips.
Garden Member Password
If you have not reset your password since 06/12/2023, you will need to reset it now in order to sign in to your membership account. Please review our step by step instructions to reset your password.
Additional Questions? Please contact our Membership Department via email: email@example.com
Benefits of Garden Membership
A Year of Free Events and Programs
- Garden Admission for 12 months and all four distinctive seasons*
- Guided Complimentary & Specialty Tours of the Garden
- Family Fun Night
- Orchid & Bonsai Shows
- Art Exhibits
- Member-Only benefits at the Annual Spring Plant Sale
- Quarterly Newsletter and a monthly e-mail update of Garden events
*Unlimited Garden Admission does not include concerts or separately ticketed events.
A Year of Great Discounts
- Up to 20% off adult education classes at Red Butte Garden
- Seasonal Workshops
- Horticulture and Gardening classes
- Up to 20% off family-friendly programming
- Summer Camps, including early registration access
- Garden Adventures
- Lil' Buds classes
- Discounted BOOtanical Fall Festival tickets
- 50% off guest coupon for a day in the Garden
- 10% off at the Red Butte Garden Gift Shop
- 10-20% discounts with our local Retail Partners
- Better Homes & Gardens one-year magazine subscription for new members
- This offer has gone paperless! Sign up for your one-year digital subscription using the link in your one-month welcome email.
- The American Horticulture Society's Reciprocal Admissions Program offers free admission and/or additional benefits at over 345 gardens throughout North America and the Cayman Islands.
- Red Butte Garden Outdoor Concert Series exclusive early access and discounts for Garden-Flex level memberships and above.
See the Membership FAQs
Member Benefits are subject to change.
Please note that Garden Memberships are not refundable or transferable.
Garden Membership Policies
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Member events, programs, and discounts apply to cardholders only.
- Cardholder must be present to receive benefits. Photo ID may be required.
- Unlimited General Admission does not include concerts, BOOtanical, or other separately ticketed events.
- Only the Garden-Flex and Family-Flex membership levels allow a guest to be named as a cardholder. All other levels have set cardholder allowances.
- You may apply same-day admission costs to the purchase of a membership. Offer is only available at the Visitor Center desk on the day that admission to the Garden was purchased.
- The American Horticulture Society's Reciprocal Admissions Program offers free admission and/or additional benefits at over 345 gardens throughout North America and the Cayman Islands. Institutions less than 90 miles away from Red Butte Garden or your residence are not included. Photo ID may be required for entry.
- Only Garden-Flex Membership levels and above receive member-rate concert tickets and access to the Outdoor Concert Series ticket presales.
- Membership purchase does not guarantee Red Butte Garden Outdoor Concert Series ticket availability or access to other ticketed events.
Member Benefits are subject to change without notice.
See the Membership FAQs
Automatic Membership Renewal
Make renewals effortless with automatic membership renewal!
- Receive two email reminders - one the month prior to expiration and one the month of expiration
- Charges your card on your expiration date each year
- Renews at current membership price
- Renews at level chosen during initial auto renew transaction, or if you upgrade later, at the level you choose upon upgrading.
- Saves garden resources and trees
- Available online only
Please review our Membership FAQ page.
Please review our Digital Membership FAQ page.
Garden members receive 10-20% discounts with our Local Retail Partners with proof of membership.
Download our Membership Brochure.
$60 - Best for concert-goers!
- Member benefits for one individual
- You may either have two cardholders and no guests, OR one cardholder and one guest of any age.
- Access to Garden Member Concert Series ticket presales
- This level may purchase two discounted tickets per concert
- Charitable gift amount: $60
$110 - Great for parents and caretakers!
- Member benefits for up to three individuals
- You may have either three cardholders and no guests, OR two cardholders and one guest of any age.
- Garden admission for up to six children age 17 and under
- Access to the Garden Member Concert Series ticket presales
- This level may purchase four discounted tickets per concert
- Charitable gift amount: $5
Giving Circle Levels Are Now The Red Butte Garden Cottam Club
Interested in a higher membership level? Our $1,000 + memberships have been elevated!
Become a founding member of the Red Butte Garden Cottam Club today.
Corporate & Organization Memberships
Non-profit Wellness Pass
Red Butte Garden is a great place for your employees and those that benefit from your services to find a little peace of mind. Wellness passes provide regular admission for 10 people on each visit and are perfect for non-profits who frequent the Garden.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Did you know that many corporations offer employee giving programs where they match donations to Red Butte Garden? If you volunteer at the Garden, your company may also offer a volunteer grant program. To double the impact of your gift, check the University of Utah Office of Development website to see if your company offers a matching gift program or contact your employers' Human Resources Department.
Red Butte Garden is pleased to participate in the American Horticulture Society's Reciprocal Admissions Program which offers Garden members free admission and/or additional benefits at over 345 gardens throughout North America and the Cayman Islands. Rules and regulations apply.
If you plan to purchase a Garden membership to participate in member-only concert ticket presales and receive a $5 discount on tickets, please note:
- Before purchasing a membership, be sure that tickets to the concerts you want to see are still available.
- Only Garden-Flex or above membership levels qualify for concert benefits.
- Garden membership is not refundable and does not guarantee concert ticket availability.
- For a complete list of membership policies, please refer to the Garden Policies section at the top of the page.